The content presented here requires JavaScript to be enabled and the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. If you are you using a browser with JavaScript disabled please enable it now. Otherwise, please update your version of the free Flash Player by downloading here.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Implementation of Knowledge Management in ISRO-Space Application Centre - Title of my project!!!

I'm doing my summer training at ISRO-Space Application Centre, Ahmedabad.
Here I am recruited for my training as a HR. Feels good to be a HR but facing a lot of challenges!!!
Ofcourse, tats how a HR's life goes ;)
I like this saying, "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered" - G. K. Chesterton
This is the first HR practice that is getting implemeted in Space Application Centre of ISRO as far as I know. So there is a great need for managing the change!!!
I have got acquaintance with Prof. Mr Pestonjee, retd. IIM Prof., while preparing questionnaire for my survey regarding the organizational ethos, KM awareness, Knowledge Sharing culture, etc.,
I have become good at testing a questionnaire ( :)!!! ) for its reliability and validity.
Knowledge Management is an emerging HR practice which is yet in search of a good definition for itself. I remember my Prof Mr. David Jawahar telling in class that we restrict the growth of any term by giving it a definition. Hope KM has not yet attained such maturity to bottle it in a definition.
Happy to work in such a new feild in such an esteemed organization.

Have used OCTAPACE questionnaire also for my survey!!!
Would share my slides regarding Knowledge Management soon in this blog!!!
Till then stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment